What is 3D printing?
In simple words if I talk about 3D printing, it can be elaborated as converting a 2D object or thing into 3D surface. 3D objects are achieved by laying down successive layers of material and making the 3D object.
What is the technology of 3D printing?
Steps followed in 3D printing are:
- Before printing, you need to have a 3D file which can be designed by software or can be availed online.
- It cannot be printed without a .STL file (Supports some other file formats as well) which is basically a blueprint for physical objects.
- Once the 3D model is prepared and before printing, it undergoes a process called slicing. Slicing is dividing the 3D model into thousand of layers which will get printed one after the other.
- The software automatically generates gcode (which is basically co-ordinates of that layers X,Y and Z).
- Once all this process is completed, the printer starts printing the physical design into a 3D model.
- The material used can be plastic, rubber, alloy and many more are coming into the market every year.
Application of 3D printing:
- In defence, for making bullet proof customized jackets and other equipment. As the 3D models can be very strong it holds and amazing scope in this development at an affordable price.
- It can be useful for almost every domain like Car Manufacturing, DIY kits, Engineers, Prosthetic, Doctors, Constructions, etc.
Some of the 3D printed designs are as shown below >>
You can order anything you want !!! We will make it for you…
I AM GROOT
LAPTOP STAND( PREVENTS HEATING OF YOUR LAPTOP)
DRAGON KEY CHAIN
IMAGE INTO 3D PLANE (NOW YOU CAN FEEL THE TEXTURE)
SKULL PEN STAND
THERE CAN BE MANY MORE DESIGNS DEPENDING ON YOU AND YOUR CHOICE AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICES…
You can find and select your design from here : www.thingiverse.com
Editor : Miinaz Vadaliwala